How to get started with your fundraising:
- Set a goal. You’re more likely to be successful if you start by setting a goal to work toward.
- Start with a donation to yourself. Get the ball rolling by being the first to donate – it shows potential donors you are passionate about the cause!
- Share your story. Why are you participating in the event? People are more likely to donate to a cause they care about. You can share your story with us here – you might even be featured on our social media channels! Or, download social media graphics here to share your story on your own accounts.
- Ask for donations. You’ll be surprised how many people will want to support you when you ask! Post on social media asking your followers to donate by sharing a link to your fundraising page. Email and phone family and friends to let them know what you’re doing. Tell your story to local businesses in your area and ask for their support.
- Host online events. Get creative with physical distancing protocols and host an online fundraising event. Ask for an entrance fee by donation for game nights, movie nights, tournaments, or open mic nights.
Most of us are volunteer firefighters and hold full-time jobs as well. Employers, family, social media and friends are all excellent sources of donations!William FulfordEvent Ambassador
Facebook is great, but your spouse’s Facebook is even better!John WarenyciaEvent Ambassador
Be passionate about the cause and speak from your heart. Know that we are all affected by cancer at some point in our lives. Get out and create more awareness and also create more awareness of Wellspring and all that they do for those with cancer and what they do to help those who are supporting someone with cancer.Kevin BuchananEvent Ambassador
Challenge yourself! Don’t settle for what you know you can easily achieve, push yourself. Set a goal that will make you work for it, and then get out there. Talk to friends and family, tell them why you want to do this challenge and show how passionate you are about the cause.Chelsea McPhersonEvent Ambassador
Social media is a great tool to raise awareness, but what I’ve found helps raise funds is to just pick up the phone and call someone directly or meet them in person. I feel it’s much more personal that way and they can see how passionate you are about the cause.Luke MessinaEvent Ambassador
Be consistent, have a plan, and if you are involved in the community, this will help you raise money. Share your story about why you are fundraising. Be a storyteller instead of using cold asks for money.Irina PetersEvent Ambassador
Put a face to why your climbing. Make it personal.Jessy HorsfieldEvent Ambassador
Approach businesses and big corporations. They are usually receptive to such a great cause. Networking and making contacts every year improves fundraising options year and after year.Darcy NoelEvent Ambassador