Grande Cache Fire Department
Three years climbing, plus has climbed in other stairclimbs
firstname.lastname@example.org and StriderGCFD@gmail.com
Reason’s for why I climb:
- Wellspring’s great cause, “nobody should face cancer alone”.
- To bring attention to the fact that Firefighters have a much higher rate of contracting 14 types of cancer than the general population. Awareness is the 1st step to prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Comradery. The spirit of brotherhood between firefighters taking part in the Firefighter Stairclimb Challenge is unmatched. It should be experienced by all firefighters.
- The physical and mental health benefits of stair climb training have changed my life and extended my years of service as a firefighter. I am more fit to perform my duties, more of an asset for my department and a better role model for our young firefighters.
- To honour and remember some very important people; Trucker Dukes, Michael Bocchino, Thomas DeAngelis and Olivia Wheeler.
Fundraising Tip: Facebook is great, but your spouse’s Facebook is even better!